Student Paced Learning with Technology

7:12 AM


Towards the end of the school year I always see my students emerge as independent learners. I still have teaching/learning moments with my students but I love that my students are able to search for their own answers and learn from others too. As a reward for STAAR being over I created a few math lessons that works like a WebQuest. Below is an example of what I posted on my classroom website for students to complete.

Infused Technology Day!
Wednesday 5/7/2014
Standard Division Algorithm and Science Fair

1. Everyone needs to get a netbook, log-on and get to this page by going to
CISD Website ⇨ A.V. Cato Website ⇨Staff Directory ⇨5th Grade ⇨ Jessica Batchko ⇨Technology Lesson

2. Go get your headphones from the pockets and plug them into your netbook.

Each one of my students have a pocket they use it for a couple of things:
a. Store their headphones
b. Keep their class shirt in safe place so it is not lost at home
c. This where they put their phones on BYOD days

3. Get out your Math Problem Solving Spirals and a pencil. You WILL be showing work today in you spirals!! Divide your first blank page into quarters.

4. Let's watch some other ways to get to understand division better:

I love sharing funny videos with my students, it was so cool hearing each student laugh while they were on this step.

Solve 225 divided by 9 in your Math Problem Solving Spirals with Mr. Branda on Educreations:http://www.educreations.com/lesson/view/long-division/360016/?ref=link

5. Complete 5 problems in your Math Problem Solving Spirals and type in your answer to check your work: http://www.thegreatmartinicompany.com/longarithmetic/longdivision.html
remember to check yourself throughout each problem by hovering over the ✔ and what shows up as blue is correct and red is incorrect.

6. Go the front table and get the "Completing Multiplication/Division Charts" worksheet from the front table. Give it to ANDY or EDWIN when you are done :)

7. Use your Problem Solving Spirals to complete these word problems and submit your answers on this, the "Name" question is where you put your name!

8. For the next 10 minutes you to review Science Vocabulary: ScientificMethod withOUT pictures on Quizlet by going to: http://quizlet.com/_o0ezk

9. Then you may begin working on your Science Fair Board Scientific method. Remember to use the template that I provided on the "Science Fair" webpage and be sure to save your work as you go!










0 comments

@JessicaBatchko



recent posts

#castleberryisd