QR Code Vocabulary with Quizlet

8:53 AM



My students absolutely live for our 45 minutes of science everyday. This year I have heard more "What if....?" questions than in the past. Even though they love science when it comes to the STAAR it is always such a struggle for my students because of the amount of vocabulary and then add a language barrier to the equation and it can make for an uphill battle. My team uses Quizlet (digital flashcard website and app) on a regular basis for ELA vocabulary, since they were having so much success I decided to apply the same practice to Science. I created six different "decks" and posted them to our grade-level webpage but also linked them to QR codes and posted them around the classroom and outside on my bulletin board. The students were able to BYOD and scan the code and save the address to their device so they could practice in-class, at home, in the car or while waiting for a table at a restaurant. I created two set of each "deck" one with picture and the other without pictures. I don't know my STAAR scores but I can tell you through observations my students science vocabulary has improved and they have enjoyed the practice.

Just an opinion: while the Quizlet app is very helpful the students are able to do more from the website.

This is outside my classroom so any student can access the deck with a QR scanner! 


Here the link to my decks on Quizlet: http://quizlet.com/subject/mrsbatchko/

Here is the link to our grade-level website with the Quizlet decks: http://avc.castleberryisd.net/staff_directory/5th_grade/science/vocabulary/

Here is my preferred QR Code Creator website: https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/


0 comments

@JessicaBatchko



recent posts

#castleberryisd