I give a KAHOOT

1:56 PM

With the STAAR test approaching my students and I were getting pretty bored reviewing standardized test questions with paper and pencil so I decided to call upon my PLN. After a few #'s I stumbled on a sparkling jewel called Kahoot! Below is an email that I sent to my school after implementing Kahoot in my classroom...


A few people have been asking me questions about Kahoot, I will try to keep this short… it is pretty great!

I recently used Kahoot (www.getkahoot.com) for a tech infused lesson. I am sure many of you have used/know about the CPS clickers that we have in the library for checkout that allow students to “click” in a response like  remote, but if you have ever used them the software is pretty confusing… Kahoot is a great alternative, in my opinion.

1.     Basically Kahoot is a game based classroom response system that you access through the internet www.getkahoot.com
2.       It is free!
3.       Students submit responses  using any device (netbook, computer, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android….) to submit their answers www.kahoot.it
4.        There are TONs of premade quizzes for all grade levels.
5.       Creating an assessment is easy.
6.       Once the students have selected an  answer and the time is up it provides a graph of everyone’s responses which allows you to have immediate feedback/intervention with your students.
7.       You only need to create an account for you, launch a quiz/survey and then the  students just go to www.kahoot.it to put in the “Game Pin” and then “Nickname”
8.       After the quiz is completed it creates a spread sheet of with each students responses and a grade!!!!
9.       Individual or Team based use, I split my class into six teams and each team had an iPod and they LOVED it, I heard great conversations between teams and tons of peer teaching!


0 comments

@JessicaBatchko



recent posts

#castleberryisd